Aug 15, 2021
PART TIME COOK REQUIRED
The Shuttlewood Clarke Foundation is looking for 2 part-time cooks (or 1 full time) to join our friendly team of staff and volunteers at Ulverscroft Manor.
The Manor provides its daily visitors with a day out in the countryside, Monday - Wednesday guests receive a traditional homecooked two-course lunch, with tea and cake in the afternoon. On a Thursday and Friday, we run a variety of support groups and provide a café style selection of food and beverages for our visitors.
The Foundation supports the elderly, adults with disabilities and young people through well-being activities, outdoor education and inspiring support services.
You will be required to attend safeguarding training and provide a current DBS certificate.
Cook duties include but are not limited to:
• Cleans food preparation areas as determined by law and company policy
• Prepares foods to the specifications of the client
• Prepares food before the arrival of guests
• Makes adjustments to food items to accommodate guests with allergies or specific diet concerns
• Manages other employees in the kitchen
• Acts as liaison to front-of-house employees to ensure proper food service temperature
• Seasons food according to recipes or company needs
• Operates various kitchen appliance such as a blender, oven, grill, or stand mixer
• Assists other cooks during the food assembly process
• Estimates expected food consumption and organises preparation
• Keeps records and accounts of food purchases
• Meets with customers to ensure a great experience
• To work alongside staff volunteers and cleaning staff to implement the Foundations Health & Safety Policy and ensure that all areas are kept clean and tidy throughout the day.
• Maintain adequate stocks of catering supplies and ensuring safe stock rotation within the fridges, chiller and counter displays.
• Be responsible for maintaining and cleaning the kitchen and facilities to include all aspects of health and safety and EHO visits.
• Ensure all team members are always working within current legislation.
3 days per week Mon-Weds 8am - 4pm
2 days per week Thurs & Fri 9am – 3pm
Would also consider 1 full time position incorporating all the above hours.
Salary: £9.10 per hour
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Proven working experience as a cook/chef
- Food safety certificate
- Full UK driving licence (with business use insurance)
Desirable Qualifications and Experience
- First Aid
References will be required prior to an offer of employment being made.
As a registered charity, Shuttlewood Clarke’s ethos offers individuals the opportunity to look forward and do something different, whilst offering the freedom to belong, at home away from home.
If this position is of interest to you, please apply in writing with full CV and covering letter to Mrs L Moore, Ulverscroft Grange, Whitwick Road, Ulverscroft, Leicestershire, LE67 9QB. Alternatively, email email@example.com.
Please don’t hesitate to contact the Shuttlewood Clarke Foundation for further information and a full job description. Whilst we endeavour to respond to every application we regret that this may not always be possible.