Our Contact details
Shuttlewood Clarke Foundation
Tel: 01530 244914
What is the purpose of this document?
The Shuttlewood Clarke Foundation is a "data controller". This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you. It makes you aware of how and why your personal data will be used and how long it will usually be retained for. It provides you with certain information that must be provided under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Data Protection Act 2018.
This privacy notice may be updated from time to time. We may send you an updated copy if required to do so.
Data protection principles
We will comply with data protection law and principles, which means that your data will be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
- Kept securely.
The kind of information we hold about you
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Your name
- Your contact details (including postal address, telephone number and email address)
- Your bank or credit card details where you provide these to make a payment
- Information as to whether you are a taxpayer to enable us to claim Gift Aid
- Any other personal information that you provide to us
We may also collect, store and use the following "special categories" of more sensitive personal information. We only collect this information if there is a clear reason to so:
- Information about your race or ethnicity, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, and political opinions
- Information about your health, including any medical conditions
- Information about criminal convictions and offences.
How your personal information is collected and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- To administer and support groups and activities provided by the Foundation
- To send regular emails in relation to the Foundation’s work
- To inform you of any upcoming events
- To inform you of any cancellations of events
- The administering of the Shuttlewood Clarke Foundation Lottery
- The administering of Gift Aid
- To carry out monitoring and keep records in relation to the Foundations governance requirements
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting the Principal Manager at the Shuttlewood Clarke Foundation.
(b) We have a contractual obligation.
(c) We have a legal obligation.
(d) We have a vital interest.
(e) We need to perform a public task.
(f) We have a legitimate interest.
How we store your personal information
It is our policy to ensure that all Personal Data held by us is handled correctly and appropriately according to the nature of the information. We have appropriate and proportionate security policies, and organisational and technical measures in place to help protect your information and prevent it from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. Your personal information is only accessible by appropriately trained staff. Details of these measures may be obtained from the Principal Manager.
We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
We do not share your personal data with third parties other than those where you have given us explicit consent to do so.
We will retain your personal information for no longer than is needed. If your personal information is no longer needed in connection with the purpose for which it was collected for, we will securely destroy your personal information in accordance with our data retention policy.
Rights of access, correction, erasure, and restriction
Your rights in connection with personal information.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
• Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
• Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
• Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
• Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
• Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
• Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Right to withdraw consent
You have the right to withdraw your consent for processing for the specified purpose at any time. To withdraw your consent, please contact the Principal Manager. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information and, subject to our retention policy, we will dispose of your personal data securely.
How to Complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us:
The Principal Manager
Shuttlewood Clarke Foundation
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk